Who are Skope and purpose of this role?
Skope is a leading provider of project management and multi discipline services for the built environment. In response to an increase in workload we are looking for a Senior Project Manager to join our team to deliver a diverse range of projects across multiple sectors.
Our Project Management Team are responsible for managing projects from feasibility through planning, design, procurement, construction and aftercare stages across all sectors.
You will continue to develop and use your project management skills and knowledge, working closely with new and repeat Clients, stakeholders and other Skope disciplines to develop and deliver projects under tightly managed constraints and timelines.
You will be expected to work as part of a team as well as autonomously, being adaptable and working within collaborative partnerships with both Employer and project teams, to successfully deliver challenging projects to ensure Client satisfaction.
Reporting to the Project Partner you will manage complex projects across a variety of sectors and support the development of more junior members in the team. Responsibilities will include;
- Preparing scopes of work, appointment documents, programmes, and communication strategies
- Providing advice on procurement, contracts (JCT & NEC), logistics plans, construction plans and particular conditions
- Preparing and evaluating the contractor and consultant selection process
- Chairing Client, Design Team, Progress meetings, providing commentary to valuations, cost reports, drawings and specifications, programmes and buildability
- Identifying project risks and managing the project risk register
- Providing input into final accounts and insight into loss and expense and LAD claims
- Running complex projects/assignments, delegating work to junior team members
- Acting as a mentor to junior colleagues
- Promoting and developing the Skope Project Management Services, assisting with business development submissions
How will you know if you’re succeeding?
- Clients are informed at all times of programme, cost and quality matters, and appraised of risk
- Projects are delivered in a timely manner, to a very high standard
- You will be respected by colleagues and Clients, and are seen as a ‘go to’ person within the Project Management team
- You will have built strong relationships with Clients, Partners, Associates and colleagues
- You will take a key role and be actively involved in business development activities and promoting the Skope brand using social media platforms
What skills do you need in order to perform this role?
- Demonstrate strong, in–depth knowledge of a Project Manager’s role
- Keep abreast of current business and industry news
- Communicate clearly and concisely when dealing with Clients, managing expectations effectively and sensitively
- Manage own workload, to successfully run multiple projects at one time
- Delegate project work effectively to junior colleagues, in order to meet Client objectives
- Lead projects with limited supervision and guidance, delivering on time and within budget
- Set a positive example to more junior members of the business
- Actively engage in business development, seeking new ways to add value to the business
- Flexible working and ability to travel throughout the UK and Ireland to deliver projects
Previous experience and credentials
You will be from either a Project Manager or relevant Consultancy related background and have full membership of a recognised professional body or working towards full membership (eg MAPM/MRICS/ MCIOB)
- NEC 3 or NEC ECC Project Manager Accreditation
- Thorough experience across Residential, Commercial, Retail, Educational and Leisure sectors
- Experience of working as an EA (Employers’ Agent) would be advantageous
- Driving license
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Base Salary commensurate with experience
- Bonus Scheme
- Flexible Working
- Pension scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Health Care scheme
Please email your CV to email@example.com