Who are Skope and the purpose of this role?
Skope is a leading provider of cost management and multi discipline services for the built environment. In response to an increase in workload we are looking for two Quantity Surveyors to join our team to work on a diverse range of projects across multiple sectors.
Our Quantity Surveying Department is responsible for the cost management of projects from feasibility through planning, design, procurement and construction across all sectors.
As Cost Manager/Quantity Surveyor, you will be an integral member of a team working on a number of projects with multiple Clients. You will have responsibility for projects of various sizes, developing key relationships with Clients and colleagues.
- Prepare cost plans, feasibility studies including Value Engineering and Whole Life Cost Analysis.
- Prepare robust tender documentation and pre–tender estimates.
- Attend and actively contribute to client, site and design team meetings throughout the project programme.
- Prepare contract documentation for execution by our Clients and their main contractors.
- Actively carry out the post contract quantity surveying activities including:
- Preparing cost reports and presenting them to the Clients project manager prior to issue.
- Agreeing monthly valuations with the main contractors.
- Valuing variations and instructions.
- Agreeing final accounts
- Assist in the management of relationships with various people, including Clients, project managers, consultants, suppliers, contractors, as well as the internal teams
What skills do you need in order to perform this role?
- Apply knowledge and experience to deliver thorough and well thought out work
- Communicate clearly and concisely, taking the time to prepare and organise thoughts first
- Proactively manage your own workload, prioritising and planning effectively
- Keep abreast of current business and industry news
- Begin to develop a professional network and represent the Skope Brand positively
- Demonstrate an enthusiasm for business development opportunities
- Actively engage in continuous personal development
Previous experience and credentials
- Degree in Quantity Surveying with two to five years post–graduation experience
- Recently attained or working towards the APC
- Both pre– and post–contract skills and experience, with a focus on cost planning and the use of billing software
- Experience of working in a consultancy environment
- Driving Licence
How will you know if you’re succeeding?
- Projects and tasks are delivered in a timely manner and to Skopes high standard
- You will have built excellent relationships with Clients, Partners and fellow employees
- You will be respected by colleagues within the business
- You will demonstrate personal integrity and professional ethics in every aspect of your work
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Base Salary
- Bonus Scheme
- Flexible Working
- Pension Scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Healthcare Scheme
Please email your CV to email@example.com